Policy The policy and legal information with online shopping on Staples.
Our Policy concerning Cookies, Pixel Tags and Java Script Tags
Our Website uses session and persistent cookies as well as pixel tags and/or java script tags to collect and store certain information about you. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your computer from the Website and stored on your computer’s
hard drive and when you access our Website, cookies that are placed on your computer will send information to the party that has placed the cookie. Session cookies are necessary for example to keep you logged in during your visit to the Website and they disappear
from your computer when you close the browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after the browser has been closed, but can be deleted at any time through your browser settings. Cookies can also be categorized as 'first party cookies‘ and 'third party
cookies‘. First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by us to your computer and are used only by us to recognize you when you revisit the Website. Third party cookies are served by an independent service provider on behalf of us and can be used by
such third party service provider to recognize you when you visit our Website or other third party websites. While we may grant third party service providers access to the Website to place these cookies on users’ computers in compliance with applicable laws as
policy. Pixel tags can also be used in emails you receive from us. To learn more about cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
By using our website, you consent to the usage of the non-transactional cookies and pixel tags/java script tags as described in this Policy, unless you opt-out by preventing such use by adjusting the technical settings of your computer as described below:
How to disable or delete cookies
If you want to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, if you want to be informed whenever a cookie is stored on your computer or if you want to delete cookies from your computer, please make the necessary changes in your Internet browser settings,
typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options”. See links below:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-9
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/
If you disable or delete cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access important functions or features of this Website, you will be required to re-enter your log-in details and your use of the Website may be limited. Please note that if you clear all cookies on your browser, or use a different browser or computer, you will need to complete the opt-out procedure again. To opt out from flash cookies, please click here: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
Purposes of Cookies, Pixel Tags and Java Script Tags
This Website uses the following Cookies, Pixel Tags and Java Script Tags for the purposes described below:
Staples Cookies (First Party Cookies)
- Staples use session cookies to store the products selected in the shopping basket and to keep you logged in during your session, if you have logged into the Website as a registered user. The session cookies store the relevant information together with your IP address and the Cookie ID. These session cookies are transactional cookies necessary for the usage of the Website and do not require your consent.
- Staples may further use a persistent cookie to remember your login details so that you do not have to re-enter your login details each time your return to the Website. This function will only be activated if you check the box below the login window notifying you of this function.
Third Party Cookies, Pixel Tags and Java Script Tags for Website analytics
Third party website analytics companies such as Google Analytics and Omniture may use persistent cookies and pixel tags/java script tags to analyse your surfing behaviour on and your visit to this Website as well as other websites enabling Staples to analyse the use of the Website and to improve the website and the marketing campaigns of Staples.
- Google by downloading and installing the add-on for your current web browser from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en, and
- Adobe by downloading and installing the add-on for your current web browser from the following link: http://www.adobe.com/en/privacy/opt-out.html.
Third party advertising and retargeting
Our third party advertising companies may place cookies or pixel tags/java script tags on some of the pages you visit on the Website. In case of Google Ad Words, a third party advertising service provided by Google, these cookies or pixel tags/java script tags are designed also to collect your IP address together with other usage related information (such as the products you visited, date and time of your visit, value in your basket) in order to analyse your interests and searches when visiting our Website and to serve you advertisements specifically tailored to your interests and searches when you are visiting our Website or other websites. You may opt-out of the collection of your usage data (including your IP-address) and the processing of the data by Google by downloading and installing the add-on for your current web browser from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Other third party advertising service companies used in connection with the Website do not collect, process or use personal data in connection with their services.
The information collected through cookies and pixel tags/java script tags may be shared in aggregated form (in any event without IP address) with other third parties for purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis.
Social Media Tools
There are no recently viewed items
As you browse Staples.co.uk items you have viewed will be placed here.