Even though the concept of the paperless office has been bandied about for almost as long as computers have been part of the working environment, it seems that we’re still nowhere near achieving it.
With the great volume of printing we undertake, a huge number of ink and toner cartridges are consumed. It’s estimated that 65 million are sold in the UK every year and that 85% of them are simply discarded or sent to landfill, meaning ink & toner cartridge recycling clearly still has some way to go.
Inkjet and toner cartridges can be re-used two to three times. Every re-used cartridge means that one less needs to be produced or ends up in landfill. By remanufacturing in this way we conserve raw materials and energy whilst reducing waste. This really makes a difference: remember that 3.5 litres of oil is needed to make one new toner cartridge and that it takes 1000 years for such cartridges to degrade. Never throw one in the bin, but keep, collect and re-cycle them to be re-manufactured.
How to recycle ink and toner cartridges
Ink cartridge recycling is a far simpler process than most people may imagine and this brief guide, along with the video below, will tell you all you need to know.~root~>
How Staples can help
Staples can help reduce this waste with our free of charge collection programme.
To be involved in this programme simply order your ink and toner collection boxes free of charge from www.staples.co.uk, collect your empty cartridges in the collection boxes, once you have filled one or more just request a collection free of charge through the portal.
Follow these easy steps:
- Order your collection boxes free of charge from Staples.co.uk.
- 224525340 for Inkjet Cartridge Collection Box
- 224537341 for Toner Cartridge Collection Box
- Fill the boxes with empty cartridges.
- Visit the portal at https://www.staples-collect.com/ to arrange pickup of your full collection boxes.
- Follow the steps and enter the collection details.
- Collection will then be arranged within 72 hours, confirmation will be made by email or phone.
Want to top up your ink stock? Find the type to match your printer using our ink & toner finder.